Drain Cleaning & Repair Durham, NC
Drain Cleaning Service
A clogged drain can happen any time, day or night. The experts at Ben Franklin Plumbing in Durham, NC understand and are ready when you call for our drain cleaning service. By far the most common plumbing problem customers face are clogged drains. Slow draining sinks or drain backups may seem minor compared to such emergencies as flooding from broken pipes, but they do cost Durham-area residents significant expense and irritation each year.
Contact Benjamin Franklin Plumbing immediately for prompt, effective response to solve any drain cleaning problems you may encounter. You can rely on our experienced plumbing specialists, who take pride in their work and are backed by Benjamin Franklin’s 100% satisfaction guarantee.
If you find that your shower or bathtub is draining too slowly, or you spend all your time looking for a plunger, it’s time to turn the problem over to the drain cleaning experts. We carefully examine the problem to find the exact location of the clog, then perform a thorough drain cleaning. These services include, when indicated, a free camera inspection of your pipes with accesses 2 inches in diameter or greater.
Clogs can be caused by a myriad of things — some more serious and damaging than others. Our inspection reveals whether the clog originates from dirt and sludge buildup, roots from trees and shrubs, foreign objects, drain pipe wall collapse or misalignment of piping sections. After unclogging the drain, regular drain cleaning maintenance helps to keep water flowing smoothly through your entire plumbing system.
A few simple tips for keeping drains clear with routine at-home fixes include:
- Check the sink and tub stoppers on a quarterly basis for hair and biofilm buildup.
- Use a drain screen to catch debris like hair and soap scum. Clean the screen often.
- On a weekly basis, fill each sink to the brim and then pull up the stopper. The volume and weight of the water will completely fill the drain pipe and flush the drain line.
- Once every three months, fill every sink and tub in the house with water. With the help of friends or family members simultaneously pull all of the drain stoppers up and flush all toilets in the house. This large volume of water will help flush out the larger sized drain stacks and underground building drains.
- For homes connected to a municipal sewage plant, pour liquid chlorine bleach into the fixture traps once a month to soften biofilm and debris. Pour 12 ounces of bleach into each sink and tub before you go to bed. Be careful with stainless steel sinks to avoid permanent stains.
- Never pour grease down the drain. Instead, allow the grease to harden and scoop it into the trash.
- Avoid putting any chemicals down the drain, such as harsh chemical drain cleaners that can erode pipes.
Preventative Drain Cleaning Maintenance
We believe it’s always better to prevent problems rather than scramble to solve them after the fact. Our plumbing customers in the Greater Durham area can safeguard their drains by taking a simple step – BioBen®. Advanced biotechnology now makes it possible to divert a clogged drain disaster by introducing the naturally occurring BioBen® microorganisms directly into your plumbing system. Within seconds, these tiny sludge-hungry organisms eat away at waste and other gunk on the lining of your pipes and treatment systems. This technology-based maintenance system is easy to use, safe, and inexpensive. Applied according to directions, the BioBen® bacteria immediately start feasting on fats, oils, grease and sludge in your pipes and drains. BioBen® is available exclusively from Benjamin Franklin Plumbing.
Our skilled, experienced plumbing technicians have the knowledge, skill, and equipment to handle any job, large or small.So whether you need 24-hour emergency plumbing service to clear a serious clog, or want a solution to help eliminate drain problems from your future, call Benjamin Franklin Plumbing.
We are the most trusted plumbing professionals in Durham, Wake and Orange counties. Phone (919) 408-7200 or schedule online for courteous, prompt drain cleaning service. Remember our motto, “”If there’s any delay, it’s you we pay”TM