If your water bill is creeping up, you’re probably interested in finding ways to bring it back down again. You know that it’s important not to run the water when you don’t need it, but there are other steps you can take to conserve your water usage and save money each month. Call Ben Franklin Plumbing of Durham to make these investments and lower your water bill this spring and summer.
Water conservation can be easy when you have the right fixtures in place. As communities expand, water companies start putting more pressure behind the service. This pressure is convenient, but it’s also costing you money. It wears out fixtures faster, and you’ll have far more water than you need every time you turn on the tap.
Call a plumber in Durham to install a regulator on your main water line. Your usage will drop, your fixtures will last longer, and you’ll still have solid water pressure for showing and cleaning.
A high water bill is a warning sign that something is seriously wrong. If your water bill has suddenly increased and there’s no explanation for it, call for leak detection services immediately. Professional plumbers can find leaks hidden in your walls or even under the slab of your home to reduce your water bill and protect your home. Pipe repair should be performed as quickly as possible to limit damage to your home and your water bill.
Household Tips for the Family
- Wait until the dishwasher and washing machine are full before running them.
- Choose native plants that won’t require as much regular watering.
- Adjust your mower blades so you won’t cut the grass as short – When grass is a little taller, the roots stretch deeper into the ground looking for water. It makes your turf more resistant to drought and weeds.
- If you have a sprinkler system, make sure you are only watering the grass and not the sidewalks.
- Invest in covers for your pool/spa to avoid constantly replacing water that has evaporated.
With help from Ben Franklin Plumbing of Durham, you can save money on your water bill this summer. Some steps require diligence on your part and others require the services of a professional plumber. However, they will also help you save money by lowering your water usage. Call Ben Franklin Plumbing today at 919-408-7200 if you suspect a leak or need a regulator.
Don’t forget that March 22 is World Water Day! Celebrate water conservation worldwide with Ben Franklin and the United Nations International Year of Water Cooperation!